Bob Lloyd a physicist from Otago University presented in Wellington last week on Peak Oil and the what we need to do to transition in time.
Check out this presentation and try to tell me:
- We need to be more productive/increase GDP
- The $10billion on roads of national significance isn’t the most collosal and irresponsible waste of money
- Capitalism ( as we know it) can help
- We don’t have an urgent need for community building and a redistribution of wealth
- A less democratic system is a safe option at this time
- add your own…
This article on The Oil drum also addresses similar points in terms of growth.